Filling The Welland Canal

fishnhunt

Pretty sure they're going to start SLOWLY filling the canal back up at the end of this week...just wanted everyone to be aware..and be safe!

The canal is already filled. Water on shore due to melting.

The canal is already filled. Water on shore due to melting.

Not filled from Lock 7 (Thorold) to Lake Ont...which will fluctuate levels considerably..(this stretch of canal has a lot of large storage areas..bays etc..) and will require a large amount of water to fill...Just wanted everyone who fishes this particular system to be aware of the upcoming change in conditions.

Not filled from Lock 7 (Thorold) to Lake Ont...which will fluctuate levels considerably..(this stretch of canal has a lot of large storage areas..bays etc..) and will require a large amount of water to fill...Just wanted everyone who fishes this particular system to be aware of the upcoming change in conditions.

I am talking about the rec canal in Welland. Didn't know that you could fish the area you are talking about.

I am talking about the rec canal in Welland. Didn't know that you could fish the area you are talking about.

You cant fish that area because there is no water. I think hes saying that the water used to fill the flight locks and everything below it has to come from somewhere and it might have an effect on levels farther up. Thanks for the warning fishnhunt.

Archived