Knots, Instructions On How To Tie

spiro

Those are both really good. I have a simple knot app on my phone thats handy as well.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What knots do you guys prefer for Fluorocarbon? I have found that floro doesn't have the knot strength of Braid or even Mono. It could be that I just haven't found the "right" knot yet. When using braid or mono To tie directly to a lure or hook I use either a Uni-knot or a Palomar knot. These don't seem to work well for me unless that floro is 20# test or stronger. I haven't found a good knot to use with lighter 6-8#. As a result I've just been using mono as a leader material instead of floro.

The line I've tried using was P-line and Spiderwire. Quality could be the problem. The Spiderwire braid is horrible stuff, maybe their floro is too. I need to try Seaguar fluorocarbon. I love their Tourney Smackdown braid. Best braid made up to this point!

What knots do you guys prefer for Fluorocarbon? I have found that floro doesn't have the knot strength of Braid or even Mono. It could be that I just haven't found the "right" knot yet. When using braid or mono To tie directly to a lure or hook I use either a Uni-knot or a Palomar knot. These don't seem to work well for me unless that floro is 20# test or stronger. I haven't found a good knot to use with lighter 6-8#. As a result I've just been using mono as a leader material instead of floro.

you're welcome :)

Davy Knot is well respected, easy to tie, with high efficiency, and a good choice if you are looking.

For Steelhead fishing with Flouro, all I ever use is either a snell knot, or a Trilene knot, at the hook or lure. I have used both knots for so many years that I have full confidence in either one.

The trick is to be very conscientious and consistent about how you tie the knot. Hurried or inconsistent knots fail. And at the worst possible time.

Archived