Hello

cptpronin

Good evening Niagara Fishing Forum.

Just wanted to introduce myself. I live in the GTA, but regularly come down to your neck of the woods to fish for those big chromers, big slabs and big bass. In fact, because I like fishing the region so much, I was thinking of getting a concervation area pass this summer. I've tried a couple of them and thought they were well worth the price of admission.

After a long, hard winter, I'm hoping the spring like conditions have gotten those beefy chromers moving along the lower. How is the trail going down there looking right now? I have not packed my cleats yet. I tried a few times over the winter. Nearly busted my leg and got skunked (lol), so I've been waiting for some more favorable conditions. would a guy be safe to try it now?

At any I hope to be able to contribute if you'll have me.

Best Regards

Pronin

PS: If you come up to the west shore, yessir, you'll hook into some beefy chromers who are hungry and on the move.

IMG00211.jpg

IMG00210.jpg

You have taught me something already...I have never seen anyone fish for trout with crank baits....Good job and welcome.

Welcome to NIAGARA fishing cptpronin . We have it all here in Niagara , from alewives to zebra mussels ! I will be tossing a line for chromers tomorrow at Port Dalhousie using roe bags and then a few floating cranks , including kwikfish on a 3 way rig to get them down 15 to 20 feet rather than use deep divers . They are hitting spoons , so I thought I'd try the cranks on them .

Welcome to NIAGARA fishing cptpronin . We have it all here in Niagara , from alewives to zebra mussels ! I will be tossing a line for chromers tomorrow at Port Dalhousie using roe bags and then a few floating cranks , including kwikfish on a 3 way rig to get them down 15 to 20 feet rather than use deep divers . They are hitting spoons , so I thought I'd try the cranks on them .

I hope the water clears up a bit for you Smerchly. I was there today and it was really brown. So was the GRT.

Very nice intro pronin...welcome to NFN. We have a section that opens up to members here with a minimum post count. As long as you contribute in a meaningfull way, that will be available to you in short order. This will give you access to the current conditions and the happenings on the lower Niagara river. Latest report is ice coming down....we try to keep these sections to members only to encourage people to not only take but give back and share your experience with others. Again, welcome enjoy your stay!!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

A lower river report section sounds like a good tool to have. Fishing down there is like Frodo's quest through Mordor some days lol. If the weather stays nice, I may have to to go down there this week and generate a report.

And yes, plugs are a fantastic presentation for steelhead. Not just for trolling, but casting too. They can get hard, hungry bites if fished slow enough in the frigid water. I like Smerchly's idea of the river rig setup. I may have to give that a try.

Archived