Good Friday Batter Question

Finsanity

Anyone got any easy batter recipes for haddock and cod I was going to use fish crisp but not sure if that's god for cod and haddock. Any helps appreciated thanks.

Anyone got any easy batter recipes for haddock and cod I was going to use fish crisp but not sure if that's god for cod and haddock. Any helps appreciated thanks.

I really like Club House Beer Batter. If you don't make it too thick, it turns out nice and light and crispy. You can get it at most grocery stores. Hope u like it too.

Nope It didn't post up at first and I was using a phone and not paying attention to the corrections it automatically makes. To be honest I was in the midst of a fine poop. Lol

sounds messy! lol...dip in egg wash (beaten egg and milk) then into dry pancake powder and deep fry...I do this with my perch and gives it a hint of sweetness... 1 box goes a long way and you have breakfast for the morning :)

The beer batter is great ! You can make it as thick as you wish !

I agree!..can't go wrong with beer batter for cod or haddock...Don't even need Clubhouse mix...make your own..flour..beer..and whatever other spices you desire (just don't over do it)..hot oil is the trick!

I will use pancake batter and substitute beer for water...just like everyday life. Don't make the batter as thick as you would for pancakes and like Drifter said, chill it for a bit.

When I do an "egg wash", I use soured milk. Not sour milk, soured. Put a bit of white wine vinegar in your milk and stir. It slightly thickens it, but the milk is now more acidic. Not sure why, but it gives meat a better texture, almost like a tenderizer.

These are all great and can all be used on cod and haddock?

I've got a lot of people coming over and figured fish crisp was good enough till I heard from you guys so thanks.

Archived