May? ^#*%@

spiro

What else can they do ? The ice boom is there to prevent damage from too much ice below the falls ....more money loss than the "$400,000" loss to business they quoted . Mother nature is unpredictable and we must adjust to the wild changes she throws at us .

Not saying they can do anything about it, doesn't change the crappy deal of it all..... Should affect Temperatures, cool spring/ early summer?

wonder how this will change the chrome activity in the lower this spring

I was hoping those chromers will keep chewing up my roe bags longer this year .The water at Port Dal. is still very cold and from what I have seen , the hens are still skeenated (new word) . But , a guy got a 9 lb. steelie hen today at the Legion on a full size SHRIMP ( pickerel harness) ....and the belly was completely collapsed ! There was a large lamprey mark near the throat but it appears like this hen has spawned ??

What else can they do ? The ice boom is there to prevent damage from too much ice below the falls ....more money loss than the "$400,000" loss to business they quoted . Mother nature is unpredictable and we must adjust to the wild changes she throws at us .

I thought the same thing Smerch! I can appreciate the economic losses, but the restaurants and hotels should have had some ice fishermen there...I bet that hasn't happened in quite a few years. Watch, they will complain next year because the lake didn't freeze and no one came in the winter! Getting mad because there is ice in the lake is like being made at the sky for being blue!

Damn you clear blue sky and all your sunny days with no clouds or chance of rain!!! Argghhhh, I am very angry! (Fist shaking at the heavens)

If the ice wasn't 3 feet thick I bet they release the boom early. What we need is warm water from the west end to push up and start deteriorating the ice from under neath. Right now the 32deg water at 35 feet deep will keep everything frozen for the forseable future

Not saying they can do anything about it, doesn't change the crappy deal of it all..... Should affect Temperatures, cool spring/ early summer?

LOL was fishing at the train bridge and along the shore of the river on Sunday. Got in the car and it said 24 deg. on the gauge. I drove down the parkway toward the old fort. When I went pass the old fort I looked at the temp and it was 10deg. So the ice caused the temp to lower along the shoreline by 16 deg. C, So I think it is safe to say this will impact our Temps for sure!

On a positive not, it should help to keep algae levels down!

The following article is courtesy of: WKBW.com.

WESTERN NEW YORK, N.Y. (WKBW) It is a question that everyone is asking: "When is the Ice Boom coming out?"

According to the US Army Corps of Engineers, it is estimated that the Ice Boom could be taken out at the end of April.

The reason is because there is still over 1,000 square miles of thick-packed ice in the eastern part of Lake Erie as of April 16th.

Due to a misunderstanding, Eyewitness News erroneously reported that the Ice Boom might have to stay in place until the end of May.

US Army Corps of Engineers report that recent satellite photos show about 50% ice coverage on the eastern end of Lake Erie.

The Corps of Engineers will start "Ice Flights" on Tuesday April 22nd to study the ice properties on eastern Lake Erie.

The longest that the Ice Boom was kept in place was May 3, 1971.

From what is seen today off of Morgan's Point I hate to say it but Mid may could be it, if we're lucky........... We need a heat wave because there was a lot of ice 3 mile out for sure...... :worthy: everyone needs to pray.....lol....

Archived