Fish Rescue Dumps 1,000 Pike Into Cootes

CamG14

So they call poachers "fishing aficionados" ? "Up to 30 aficionados were picking fish out " Some were coming during the night . So they know this was happening and no one tried to stop them or call the cops ? Where was the MNR ? Was anyone arrested ? I'd like to know a little more about this ...... :read:

• 2 weeks later...

Don't even get me started on Theysmeyer, he's part of the brain trust that argued all of Cootes's ills were because of carp, and would like to be rid of all the steelhead & salmon runs around Hamilton.

Over a decade of getting things his way has pretty much amounted to nothing.

Don't even get me started on Theysmeyer, he's part of the brain trust that argued all of Cootes's ills were because of carp, and would like to be rid of all the steelhead & salmon runs around Hamilton.

Over a decade of getting things his way has pretty much amounted to nothing.

I hope the pike do well but I agree with this statement. The failure was predicted by an initial study by Mac.http://www.nrcresearchpress.com/doi/abs/10.1139/f97-315?journalCode=cjfas#.U3PB-PldW8o and subsequent studies have showed it was a failure. "Results have been both

spatially and temporally variable due in part to annual variation in environmental
conditions and fish-zooplankton interactions." , "the future of the

Archived