L.erie Rescue

captnn

It's sad out of about 38 boats out there watching and no one rushed over to help. I was fishing be side the guys towing the boat and we were the farthest away from them. There was a Lund that help as well. They all deserve a big pat on the back for there help.

You really wonder on both sides what they where thinking and why people can just stand by and look on.... Ok the 1st 1 I actually get some of it , there like the majority, they want a few fish, but please go fully prepared...... Now for the on lookers if it was you, would you not hope to god that the closes person would jump to the rescue.... I'm thinking yes so be that life line and help your fellow fisherman/women and yes it did state in the operators coarse, it's an obligation to assist fellow boaters..............

My hats off to the rescuers :worthy: ..... and glade the others are safe.............

Cheers Bic.....

You really wonder on both sides what they where thinking and why people can just stand by and look on.... Ok the 1st 1 I actually get some of it , there like the majority, they want a few fish, but please go fully prepared...... Now for the on lookers if it was you, would you not hope to god that the closes person would jump to the rescue.... I'm thinking yes so be that life line and help your fellow fisherman/women and yes it did state in the operators coarse, it's an obligation to assist fellow boaters..............

My hats off to the rescuers :worthy: ..... and glade the others are safe.............

Cheers Bic.....

It's not an obligation it is the law. You can be charged for not helping a boat in distress.

What a scary scene, the boat that sank came barreling towards the cluster of boats screaming "help" with one guy hanging off the front, to be honest they should have screamed "help we're sinking" the majority of boats assumed the guy hanging off the front was the one in need of help, had they let people know it was going down which wasn't obvious we could've started pulling our anchors up and made it over but there was guys with trolling motors and no anchors that were there quick, a lot of confusion that's for sure, but when he too his hand off the throttle that boat sank in about 10 seconds

What a scary scene, the boat that sank came barreling towards the cluster of boats screaming "help" with one guy hanging off the front, to be honest they should have screamed "help we're sinking" the majority of boats assumed the guy hanging off the front was the one in need of help, had they let people know it was going down which wasn't obvious we could've started pulling our anchors up and made it over but there was guys with trolling motors and no anchors that were there quick, a lot of confusion that's for sure, but when he too his hand off the throttle that boat sank in about 10 seconds

That sounds crazy, I probaly woulda done the same. Shore is a lot farther then the Boats, might of saved lives doing that!

safest place to anchor is off the bow of your boat. The rougher the water the more rope you use. To be safe read up on proper anchoring procedures.

Bang on Captnn, I usually DBL my length by depth I'm in and always secure it to the bow of the boat....... Just asking for trouble anywhere else on the boat......

Cheers.....

Archived