Carp On The Lower Niagara

Daniel8234

hey everyone caught this guy on the lower near queenston mid day, water was very clear and I couldnt get any pike or walleye to bite. Chummed the water in a small eddy and literally seconds within dropping my hook in the water this carp grabbed the corn and took off. I've never had one take the bait so quickly it was a nice suprise

Anyways

SBxAjCs.jpg

xPTZHvJ.jpg

Way to go Daniel ! I was thinking about carp fishing an hour ago .......may try the 12 Mile for a couple hours shortly .....may need to buy corn first . I'll bet that carp put out a great fight on that long rod !

Way to go Daniel ! I was thinking about carp fishing an hour ago .......may try the 12 Mile for a couple hours shortly .....may need to buy corn first . I'll bet that carp put out a great fight on that long rod !

Ya its always a fun fight with a longer rod! Let me know how u do on 12 mile be never fished it

I just got back from the $ store to buy some canned corn for carp tomorrow . Last time I got 2 cans for a buck with large kernels . It was a buck a can today ....opened it up ....small kernels ....different brand name ....will try it anyway with a packed bread ball . Maybe Walmart has cheap big kernel corn . I also have plenty of corn puffs as well . Hope they are biting good !

The carp were hungry today ....had a blast . The largest was close to 25 lbs . (top right in collage) ....thought it was going to spool me on the first long run , straight out to the center of the harbour . Others were doing well also .

Jordan+Carp+6-5-14.jpg

these guys had a neat light weight pontoon boat .....looks cool .....

SAM_4289.JPG

there was a group of 4 guys & a girl fishing for carp . They caught about 10 & took them all in large bags . ....no prob. with that but they left a big mess behind . I spoke with them earlier but there was a language barrier ........They used blue rubber gloves to handle the carp & tossed several of them on the rocks . There was a half bag of large shrimp left to rot , some canned corn , water bottles & plastic bags etc . some of the many beer cans & cooler bottles may have been left by others . It's a major cleanup that is needed there , as usual .

SAM_4306.JPG

• 6 months later...

Archived