Having Some Fun With The New Ultralight Rod

larry b

Picked up my custom rod off Cliff today that I won at the garbage derby and it's amazing!!!Caught a good 20 crappie tonight and such a big difference in feeling how hard they can fight compared to what I am used too.Took a few pics but was too busy to take any moreBFB1C5A2-64E5-4A49-8C46-1D3CD777517D.jpg

B7C810C3-F198-4E1C-A896-39487EA2DCC3.jpg

CCB050B4-7C90-4674-8171-48DF6CC7B2AE.jpg

Glad you like the custom st croix. They do make a difference in lightness and sensitivity. You feel everything that you missed before. Enjoy. It's always nice to have a properly balanced rod that you won't find in any factory rod

glad to hear your smoking the slabs lately. amazing how much of a difference an ultralight makes when fishing pannies like slab crappies and gills. i stepped it up one more notch and use 2 lb line with my ultralight, makes things interesting when bass hit my jig.

Thanks,I've always used medium long rods because of the ability to cast far and set the hook from a good distance .Most UL rods I've found were to flimsy to to that,but this rod is super sensitive and doesn't compromise back bone.If you need one I'd recommend talking to Cliff

Picked up my custom rod off Cliff today that I won at the garbage derby and it's amazing!!!Caught a good 20 crappie tonight and such a big difference in feeling how hard they can fight compared to what I am used too.Took a few pics but was too busy to take any more

location? ..if u want PM me please :skunk: and i may share one of mine with u :coldsmiley::roflblack:

Archived