Fishfinderless And Supposed Go Perch Fishing Urgh

Finsanity

Can someone help me out with a couple weigh points for perch. I have gps but no fish finder. Pms would be Soooooooo appreciated.

O and I'll be going out of crystal beach

Thanks

Ha ha ...I find this funny .....fishermen saying they cannot catch fish without electronics . Before all this high tech stuff came to be , we used to fish for perch & walleye off Nickle Beach . We picked a spot & drifted until we hit fish , starting out deep and drifting to shallower depths ......or ......checked to see what other boats are catching . I like to use a cheap depth finder to help save my prop . or find drop offs , but I would still fish a week or so if the unit went for a $hit lol . Listen to ol'captnn :)

I bet you had to walk up hill both ways with no shoes too. ? electronics are here to stay. Even the mighty smerchly comes on here to get some info and share some fun. Bet you didn't have a forum when you were young either.

Read that after I hope you know I was joking. But I'm sure u do

We had some fish last weekend going straight out of CB following the line of yellow buoys. The third one out (I think) was number 11. The fish were on the move so anchoring didn't help. We were only out for two hours and brought home a dozen that were longer than our pinky to thumb span measurement (yes, this is how were determine keepers, if it's longer than the span of our hand, we keep it).

I bet you had to walk up hill both ways with no shoes too. electronics are here to stay. Even the mighty smerchly comes on here to get some info and share some fun. Bet you didn't have a forum when you were young either.

Form. Never knew what a computer or depth finder was. That was when you had to use your skills to catch fish. Much easier now.

I bet you had to walk up hill both ways with no shoes too. electronics are here to stay. Even the mighty smerchly comes on here to get some info and share some fun. Bet you didn't have a forum when you were young either.

Yes , the electronics make it much easier to find & catch more fish & they are here to stay .....& will improve more each year . Sooner or later fish limits will need to be reduced . When the 1st fish finders emerged , we were amazed that we could record the bottom of a lake & see little squiggly marks on a roll of paper lol ! That small lake was soon cleaned out of lake trout (Wawashkesh) . You are right Fin ,I'm using electronics right now to get/receive info about fishing which is much faster/easier than the "old days" , but there is still something about those old days that I would not trade for the new ways we do things today . ( I still like the small shops better) :D

Fish finders are only good if you know how to use one. I can't even count the number of times I have locked on a school of fish and the 5 other boats around me are asking what in the heck it is im seeing on my screen. Electronics are only half the battle knowing how the fish are reacting to certain baits how they want it presented and how fast or slow you should be jigging is the skill that is still required to catch fish.

Didn't make it to CB. My didn't have time to go there so we fished out of Port mainland on erie. Few fish nothing to brag about

My buddy that is

Do they still sell those little fish/depth finders that you wear around your wrist and toss the transducer out from shore ? I haven't noticed them being advertised in several years . They would be most useful in waters that are deep near shore lines like the rec. canal .

......anyone going for carp today ?........think I'll try hair riggin at Jordan this morn.......... :Gonefishing:

Archived