Little Carp Fishin Across The Street

larry b

I have a creek that is really a drainage ditch that ends up in the canal across from my house.Lucky for me is carp n cats are in there,the surprise on peoples faces when they see me catch one is kinda funny

76153D78-F293-4332-93DF-34E19EBE92E3.jpg

Managed 3 in an hour last night!

Looks like a good spot for bait fish as well ,,,,,maybe some crawdads in there too ......plus turtles and snakes lol . I hope you gave that carp a meal before letting him go ..... B)

It's all mud bottom so not to sure about craws but have caught turtles.They dredged it last year so I'm not sure how they made out after that.i have seen baitfish,bluegill and those small orangey looking fish,kinda resemble a Cisco .

At least 3 different types of heron ,ducks,geese and the odd cormorant stops by. Oh and skeeters lol frogs too

used to trap crays in there back in the day!..used to be tons of leeches under the rocks in the park too!

Cool,maybe I'll throw a trap in there when bass opens and see what happens.Saw a big snapper come out of there a couple times last night.I looked like it was gonna take a piece out of a goose lol

Bass love crayfish ,but unfortunately we cannot transport them .(rusty crayfish) I have a friend who has a pond full of nice soft shell crayfish , perfect size for bait . When I fish the 12 Mile , I have caught a few under the rocks and they don't last long with the smallies in there ! On my way to Jordan this week via hwy 8 (route 81) I saw two large snapping turtles near the road . ......still laying eggs perhaps ....

I have been thinking about fishing for some carp now i here they like corn

do you fish for them on the bottom or up hire with a flote

I fish the bottom ,a small split or swivel and a bell that slides behind it about 18" back of the hook.What I usually use is corn with Garlic powder(peaches n cream seems to work well for some reason)

I fish the bottom ,a small split or swivel and a bell that slides behind it about 18" back of the hook.What I usually use is corn with Garlic powder(peaches n cream seems to work well for some reason)

Peaches and cream...lol. I like peaches and cream myself...Never tried carp fishing, but I do know a few places with some monster carp not far from home. Maybe I should give it a try and take my grandson...he is addicted to fishing. I just have to figure out another reel for him other than his push button bait caster...that might fall apart on a decent sized carp.

Peaches and cream...lol. I like peaches and cream myself...Never tried carp fishing, but I do know a few places with some monster carp not far from home. Maybe I should give it a try and take my grandson...he is addicted to fishing. I just have to figure out another reel for him other than his push button bait caster...that might fall apart on a decent sized carp.

Do you have a salmon rod& reel handy Dave ? A decent drag is needed for those bull dogs .....they usually take a long run first off & then many hard head shakes that feel like they broke off for a sec. or two...... We used cheap bait casters (level wind) when kids & with no drag on the reel our fingers took a beating when the reel handle would pinch them when the carp took a run . The only drag we had was our thumb on the spool ! Carp fishing is getting very expensive now Dave ....I was getting my corn for 50 cents a can , but last time out it cost me 87cents for my peaches 'n cream ! (one can per trip) ! :)

Do you have a salmon rod& reel handy Dave ? A decent drag is needed for those bull dogs .....they usually take a long run first off & then many hard head shakes that feel like they broke off for a sec. or two...... We used cheap bait casters (level wind) when kids & with no drag on the reel our fingers took a beating when the reel handle would pinch them when the carp took a run . The only drag we had was our thumb on the spool ! Carp fishing is getting very expensive now Dave ....I was getting my corn for 50 cents a can , but last time out it cost me 87cents for my peaches 'n cream ! (one can per trip) ! :)

Can you check the price of peaches n cream if you're getting gas over the ditch?xtra $.37 is killing me too LOL

Archived