Flavoured Maize

Bubba14

Hi guys, I have some maize and am looking to add some flavour, probably vanilla and strawberry. Anyone know exactly what to use? Strawberry kool-aid or Jello? And the vanilla, can it be artificial or must it be pure extract?

I don't know about all these flavours .......do they really make much difference ? I had a fantastic morning catching 6 carp including my biggest ever ....using canned corn , but bumped up a notch to "peaches & cream" lol ....... a nice 4.4 lb. cat also liked the peaches . Canned corn has a strong scent & I think the carp are attracted to the scent as well as easily seeing the bright yellow colour in murky waters .....visibility about 6-10" .

Thanks guys, gonna do some experimenting with flavours as well as plain ol' canned corn. And ya, that was a beauty haul Smerch!!!!!

They were hungry today Bubba , maybe would have eaten toast ! I caught my first carp in about 20 minutes ,and it was the biggest of the day . It was 26.5 lbs on my digi scale and gave me quite a battle .It is my pb carp ....hoping to break the 30# barrier .The new found knotless hair rig proved be to be very effective .....no needle required !

SAM_4398.JPG

here's the rig I used today ........20lb mono that is stiff enough to thread through the can corn . ....slip the corn on to the hook ,then tie a loop , not too tight since it will be used again . The small loop holds the corn on very well and may tighten up after fighting a carp . I used the hook to open it up a few times .....I will try some 30 lb.mono next time for comparison ......

SAM_4407.JPG

Mr.Snags dropped in for a chat today . I was just saying to him I haven't caught a channel cat yet on the corn . Two minutes later guess who happens to take a swipe at my corn ?? lol

4lb.4oz channel ....photo -compliments of Snags

SAM_4405.JPG

Archived