Bbq Hazard

smerchly

A woman had a serious encounter with a piece of wire from the bbq brush after cleaning the grill . She had her throat opened up to get the wire out . I thought they could use a scope inside to retrieve the small piece of wire but they cut her throat from the outside . This can happen so easily .......keep an eye on that grill .

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.1903310

Yup, this happened to a couple of kids a few years ago. Ever since then I make sure to do a thorough check, the discomfort from such a thing would be enough to drive me bat shot crazy!

I have spent to much money on my grill i used to use wire brushes and steel scrapers

no good it just takes down the finish off the grill and then the rust sets in not good for your food as well

so i made a scraper out of wood very easy to do my grill has lasted double the time and no danger of wire

getting into the food just heat up the grill cook off the crap scrape it away works like a charm use hard wood

just a simple tip

Similar to the plastic scrapers used with the George Forman electric grills ? My 20 old BBQ has a wire grill that would allow little pieces of a wire brush to fall through , but now I take extra time to go over it with a paper towel or dry brush . I have lots of scrap hardwood pieces so I make a scraper and give it a try .

Archived