Bow River Alberta

Tyler0420

Hey guys I'm in Alberta till Tuesday then off the sask for a week. On my drive to sask I'm going to stop by the bow river for a fish even tho it's 3.5 hrs in the wrong direction. Anyone know what kind of fish are in there right now? Any info would be greatfully appreciated. Or other places to fish. I'm in Stettler AB right now going to drive to Edmonton to check the mall out then to the mountains for a drive then to sask. Going to fish some lakes n rivers on the way. Will post some pics when vacation is over.

Bows, browns, bull trout, cut throat trout, mountain whitefish. If you are able to, go to a tackle shop and pick their brains. Spend some money and you will get them to spill. Take lots of pics, its an incredible place. Wont want to come back

confluence of the bow and highwood rivers you can catch anything. bows browns bulls whitefish... :) you can always go to carseland and fish right out of the parking lot. big browns hiding in the undercuts. good times and good luck!

I,m in edmonton right now . North saskatchewan river is great fishery, caught 45 lb sturgeon last week . safetly released of course'. Also walleye ,goldeye,rocky whitefish .suckers ,sauger, Ling and trout as you get closer to the mountians. Barry Mitchells fishing mag lists every body of water in alberta including streams and how to get there , good luck its beautiful out here this time of year.

This no bait law only stretches the portion of the river inside the national park, not the entire river.

If your stopping in canmore fish the bridges either the road bridge, or foot path to the island. Even under the highway.

I was a guide at minnewanka, and spent all my off time fishing the bow from the falls at banff to the road bridge in canmore.

Orange or chartruese spinners, find a place to set them in the current just right so that you don't have to reel to get the spinning action.

I could be mistaken about the bait laws its been awhile, I do know a lot of people ended up in court about it on the big lake, but it was in the park.

I would suggest a couple different size and shapes to a san juan worm under a float.

I went to wapiti they were good. Told me to fish the bridges n some paths. Two tiny browns fishing all day except a few hrs of driving through mountains. Looks like the bow river won. Can't believe no fish all day. But I don't care being there and the fishing scenery was amazing. I'm in sask now so I'll be fishing the river here all week with somone experienced in fishing it. I travelled all over yesterday fishing and didn't see one fishermen till later in the evening. Lots of fish feeding on flys on top of the water. No fly rod tho.

• 2 weeks later...

So only managed a couple fish on my vacation but it couldn't of been any better.

E0AC7AB6-786B-4009-9951-BD16CF1E54B9_zps

Last mountain lake in Saskatchewan. Pretty much every boat was catching walleye. I lost two big pike (no leader) and landed one small one

A5F44FC5-C3AD-424B-A406-68955D4F303A_zps

Red deer river sauger.

5B36E1F3-7A38-4FC7-8BF4-F8F761F1101D_zps

Small stream in sask...

FB88BBEA-0473-4422-B1AE-2336CBCB31C8_zps

Bow river Canmore AB.

Too bad you didn't have a fly rod there are some fantastic trout streams out there. Why the gloves? you should always handle trout with bare wet hands so they don't lose the slime that protects them from disease.

Archived