Having Trouble Finding Walleye

iron1951

Hi. I'm a newbie to NFN and this is my first post. Can't seem to find the walleye and I was wondering where they are? My son and I did alright at the beginning of July off of Crystal Beach. I know that they move west as the summer progresses. Should I be looking at taking my boat further westward down the lake? Where would be a good place to put in? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

We got 8 walleye last Sunday just north of the weather buoy along the border. However, we had to fish all day to get them.

We got them all off the bottom down riggers and on worm harnesses. I hope to have a video of the trip soon.

I'm thinking to go west of the weather buoy this week.

good luck!

We got 8 walleye last Sunday just north of the weather buoy along the border. However, we had to fish all day to get them.

We got them all off the bottom down riggers and on worm harnesses. I hope to have a video of the trip soon.

I'm thinking to go west of the weather buoy this week.

good luck!

the border is south of the buoy.

question if you don't mind, how much line do you guys let out from your cannon ball to the worm harness. I have been hearing everything from 10ft to 90ft?

For Pickerel run 60 to 130 ft behind the cannon ball and try to run above the pic's a few ft..... Also if your running a lead core straight out the back you may want to run your riggers in the 60 to 100 ft off the ball so that they don't end up getting tangled in the lead core while putting them out........

Cheers Bic..............

I have been hearing everything from 10ft to 90ft?

Depends. If you are also running dipsys then short 10-20 helps keep them from tangling.

I have been having luck with 20-25 feet even though I am not running dipsys.

Archived