Shock Of My Life

gunner-2

Thought i go try some carping this after noon

using corn set the line out and about half hour later i see a big tug on the line

than nothing so i checked my corn gone tossed it out again caught a cat fish after that they just

wouldn't leave my corn alone caught another cat fish reset about 45 min past my line tugged again

whet slack than tacking off about time carp on nope carp off then it happen'd line tight and was tacking line then stop

then again i set the hook fish on but this thing was heavy but no fight to it got it to shore well look what we have here

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l337/mikew115/Hunting/002_zpse0bb7d94.jpg

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l337/mikew115/Hunting/001_zps62017114.jpg

it hooked its self in the neck i tried to get hook out but it was to nasty for me i was alone

if i had help there i would of got the hook out but wasn't risking a finger so had to cut the line as close to his head as i could the hook will rot away soon

i felt bad for him but he will do fine

Mean looking snapper there Gunner . He doesn't look too happy meeting you this way ........ya better to cut the line short and let him be .

I wasn't afraid of him but was he nasty as i was cutting the line was he ever snapping at me and fast as lightning

Next time give it a stick to bite on. Will keep its mouth closed on it and make it safer to get the hook out.

Before the Carp Barrier went up I used to fish the Desjardins a lot...and caught a lot of snappers. Just used a stick to pop the hook out, but it was always a fire drill dealing with the surly bastards.

Next time give it a stick to bite on. Will keep its mouth closed on it and make it safer to get the hook out.

Ya i never thought about a stick but the hook was in his neck so good i don't think even a stick would have occupied

him enough to get near that head .I just hope there isn't a next time lol

Archived