Good Carp Video

smerchly

I have wondered how to catch carp in shallow weedy waters & this video was what I was looking for ......I thought the corn would not reach bottom and hang up in the weeds ....it seems the carp will find it !

I know a spot at the Bay of Q. where there is a large weed bed area ....very thick weed & about 4 to 6' of clear water . ....lots of big carp roaming & jumping in there . After watching this video I will need the same bait rig & 20 lb. braid & leader . For you carp guys , this info will help pull the carp from those weedy spots . A few highlights from the 22 min vid.......(some short adds) ....

@ 2:15 ......a rig set up with a hair rig , loop , slip sinker & corn ( I have been using this rig)

@ 7:20 ....using an open bail , rod& reel technique

@ 16:00 tying the rig demo .

They lost a few fish ....think the 10# leader was too light in the heavy weeds ....I'll try 20# line & leader ( mono or braid) .

Another video came up ( " Asian Carp Processing Plant in Kentucky " ) . This plant is obviously a Chinese run plant which processes the carp & exports the meat to China . It looks like the carp are there to stay and it seems they taste good .....some bone structure difference, but looks tasty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N46BuNCS7Uc

Smerch I did not watch the video, but I can tell you this having seen it first hand......if you have a tiny opening in a huge weedbed, keep chumming that hole....the carp will tear out all kinds of weeds for you in effort to get to their food - you would be surprised at what a pod of hungry carp can do to aquatic vegetation, hence why they are hated by certain environmental groups (ie RBG). Open water in no time :)

Smerch I did not watch the video, but I can tell you this having seen it first hand......if you have a tiny opening in a huge weedbed, keep chumming that hole....the carp will tear out all kinds of weeds for you in effort to get to their food - you would be surprised at what a pod of hungry carp can do to aquatic vegetation, hence why they are hated by certain environmental groups (ie RBG). Open water in no time :)

The guys in the vid didn't show anything about chumming their spots , but I noticed several cans of G.G.corn in the boat . When I quietly went into the big weed bed at Quinte the carp were very active & jumping constantly . There were floating weeds ripped out by them and big swirls of mud all over the place . They may not be on the feed during this frenzied time , but I will give it a go next time I'm at the park .

Archived