Questions About Reg.

Fresh Fish

find some interesting questions in other forum, but I don't have answers for myself...here are the questions

1. any residents of Ontario and Canada has the same possession limit as the Sport licence holder, the person does not need to have a fishing licence......Y/N?

2. any angler may give his/her catch(fish) to his/her family member as a gift, then the angler's possession limit is re-established. .....Y/N?

:wall::crazy::tease:

Regardless if you live in Ontario, Canada, or even any other country. You have to buy a valid fishing license to fish in ontario. Prices for ontario residents are the cheapest, if you're Canadian but don't live in Ontario it's quite a bit more expensive and if you are from out of country it's really expensive lol.

As for possession amounts that's a whole other ball game, you're best bet would be to call the ministry office in Vineland through the week to get clarification.

Regardless if you live in Ontario, Canada, or even any other country. You have to buy a valid fishing license to fish in ontario. Prices for ontario residents are the cheapest, if you're Canadian but don't live in Ontario it's quite a bit more expensive and if you are from out of country it's really expensive lol.

As for possession amounts that's a whole other ball game, you're best bet would be to call the ministry office in Vineland through the week to get clarification.

thank you for ur respond!

find some interesting questions in other forum, but I don't have answers for myself...here are the questions

1. any residents of Ontario and Canada has the same possession limit as the Sport licence holder, the person does not need to have a fishing licence......Y/N?

2. any angler may give his/her catch(fish) to his/her family member as a gift, then the angler's possession limit is re-established. .....Y/N?

:wall::crazy::tease:

1- any resident under 18 and over 65 (or disabled) have the same possession as sports licence, if young child fishing they must be able to catch on their own or it counts as your limit

2- you can gift fish to whoever you want and your possession limit is reestablished, There is still the daily limit, you cant go out and catch 50 perch in the morning go home give them away and go out again and get 50 more

Also if your fishing with your buddy and he cant catch anything you can give him fish but it counts as both your "daily" limits,(give him a walleye it counts as yours and his) its considered "party" fishing

I didn't think you could catch 50 perch , give them away ,then come back for another 50 ........I thought when you caught your daily limit , you were done for the day .

Speaking about over 65 not requiring a license (yet) .....If a visitor from the U.S. of any other country is over 65 , are they also exempted from needing a license ?

I didn't think you could catch 50 perch , give them away ,then come back for another 50 ........I thought when you caught your daily limit , you were done for the day .

Speaking about over 65 not requiring a license (yet) .....If a visitor from the U.S. of any other country is over 65 , are they also exempted from needing a license ?

If you are not Canadian and are 65 you need a license. You can give someone your limit and go and get another limit the next day. If you are fishing with someone else you are done when your both your limits are caught no matter who catches them.

1- any resident under 18 and over 65 (or disabled) have the same possession as sports licence, if young child fishing they must be able to catch on their own or it counts as your limit

2- you can gift fish to whoever you want and your possession limit is reestablished, There is still the daily limit, you cant go out and catch 50 perch in the morning go home give them away and go out again and get 50 more

Also if your fishing with your buddy and he cant catch anything you can give him fish but it counts as both your "daily" limits,(give him a walleye it counts as yours and his) its considered "party" fishing

thank you for respond!

daily limit is very clear to me.

question is the person between 18~65 year old and has no fishing licence, who has the same possession limit, is this right?

What about that guy who gifted the 1 pound laker when ice fishing then caught that record lake trout on lake of the woods? I'm pretty sure the ministry still busted him for a possession violation.

Seniors or juniors not requiring a license have the same possession limits as that of a sportfishing license, provided they are unassisted and fishing on thier own. Example.....your 8 yr old is fishing and your assisting and baiting his/her hook then you are required to hold a valid fishing license and fish caught also become part of your possession limit.

What about that guy who gifted the 1 pound laker when ice fishing then caught that record lake trout on lake of the woods? I'm pretty sure the ministry still busted him for a possession violation.

That gifted fish would count still as his possession limit for the day meaning he can't keep more which he did.

Archived