Live Well Pump (Aerater)

smerchly

I got my boat back from Quinte today .....live well pump not working . I cut the juice & hooked up directly to the 12 V. battery ....no sound , so I took it out .Some junk in the intake ....cleaned it up , found the impeller stuck....manually turned it & pumped water through with the hose .....runs fine now . But the thick plastic tapered transome gaskets were brittle and cracked ....need to get new ones. This pump is prob. original (1989) and may be hard to find the gaskets . Should I just look for a new pump & who may have either the gaskets or a pump that fits ? Thanks for any info .

...here's the pump as it looks before I assembled it ......the 2 white transom gaskets are at the bottom ....they were sealed with silicone & tightened with a big plastic nut .

Air Marine Aerator ....750 GPH

SAM_5030.JPG

Had one do that on me Smerch and it would work for a little bit if I stuck my finger in and got the motor spinning, but after a week or so it just gave up. You mights well get a new one before next season!

Thanks guys .....I went to C & J 's at the Beacon & they had a good selection of new pumps . For my boat livewell which is 42" x 13"(top) & 9" (bottom) , I got the Tsunami 500 GPM which has a screw on pump that can be replaced with a cartridge in minutes .....can even carry a spare in the boat. I also bought a filter screen which screws on the back to help keep the pump from clogging up . I like dealing with the marina dealers ....could have got a pump at CT for the same price , but Claude explained how to fit the pump , cut the excess thread, fit the filter & what glue to use etc . For the same reasons I patronize local tackle shops to get first hand info on any gear I buy .

SAM_5033.JPG

Archived