Port D Cat

Johnny Carp

I didn't weigh it, I'd estimate about 12-13lbs. Really healthy,strong fish. On my way back from the pier(Michigan side) I noticed lots of zombie salmon in the marina but also some browns as well, and actually a couple of browns jumped in the channel while I was there. I'll have to try some of that 'fancy' fishing someday!

Nice cat. Looks a solid 10lbs, none the less a nice fish. Did you get a decent fight from it? I find they are really unpredictable when that size, some fight well, some are like reeling in a stick.

I caught it on a dew worm caught fresh from my backyard the previous night. I usually bring worms/corn/doughballs when I go fishing so this particular session I started with worms and it seemed to be working so I stuck with that. I find I catch a lot of cats on corn as well.

I know! I have a ridiculously huge Frabill net that was sitting in the trunk of my car- I just brought the small one for some reason(probably laziness) but I won't make that mistake again. Honestly,the Frabill could catch a transport truck and still have room to spare.

Archived