Hello, My Name Is Tom And I Have A Problem

Tom S

Tom, are you still married? lol....talk to the schnip, he can help you out with those problems !!! In fact, he may even help you to lighten the load.

I did some research over the weekend, here's the breakdown of what I got:

-Garcia Cololon "Charles C Ritz" 8'5" 8-9wt with matching tube

IMG_4265.jpg

IMG_4266.jpg

-Herter's RB6G0 5-6wt - I think this one was home built, and the guides were removed and taped on at some point. Might try rebuilding it.

IMG_4277.jpg

-Angler's Pal Custom Built 8'9" 7wt - look professionally built

IMG_4268.jpg

-Algonquin Blanchard Model 750 - apparently this was a company in Toronto that assembled Fenwick blanks in Canada to get around import taxes. All I know so far.

IMG_4278.jpg

-Brown-orange unmarked Rod, has a matching reel seat to the Algonquin Blanchard, I think it may be home-built off the same blank

IMG_4270.jpg

-Heddon Pal - not a fly rod, fiberglass casing/spinning rod?

IMG_4271.jpg

-Bamboo rod, marking have faded. Not even sure if I should try it or just hang it on the wall.

IMG_4285.jpg

that algonquin blanchard is an east coast special--was bought out by diawa in the 80s--pre 80s and better pre 70s is cool stuff----some dude on another forum actually says his dad was blanchard----yummy lol --tom you looking for any rods? i have a passport 3 wt and a dragonfly (made out west) 4 wt that are a delight--got enough rods--let me know if not whatever u arent keeping let me know it is possible i may be interested...

they also made blanks for fenwick back when fly fishing wasnt all about how much simms doo-doo you could have on your body.....i have a prlueger medalist 1492 that might wanna meet that rod...if you dont wanna sell it i will give you the reel--its only right...

that heddon looks like an old baitchucker float rod--BIG D AND THE PIN SISTERS might like that for doing something we affectionately know as "catching fish"

keep the garcia---you can winch pike and stillwater monsters out of the depths with it--i have a reel for you...lol--isnt it fun watching me put it all together when all you have really done is post pics--sorry...bro...nice rods...lol

Any identifying labels/markings on the bamboo rod?

No easily visible marks on the bamboo or the bag for it. I can see some marks were rubbed off by the grip, it may take some cross-eyed staring to make sense of them.

what are the stats on that algonquin? let me know--you may not need to worry about that one.lol would also like to know more abut that anglers pal--cant find anything about it online....

that algonquin blanchard is an east coast special--was bought out by diawa in the 80s--pre 80s and better pre 70s is cool stuff----some dude on another forum actually says his dad was blanchard----yummy lol --tom you looking for any rods? i have a passport 3 wt and a dragonfly (made out west) 4 wt that are a delight--got enough rods--let me know if not whatever u arent keeping let me know it is possible i may be interested...

I can't find much on the algonquin, and the model number isn't matching up with any Fenwick numbers. I'm going to run it by some more knowledgeable people to see what they think. I was actually thinking of keeping the Angler's Pal - it's a nice rod with the customer's name on it. I like rods with history. 7wt should be a nice bass/warmwater rod. I'm not looking for anything specific at this time, when I post up the the sale add I'll see if I can think of anything.

they also made blanks for fenwick back when fly fishing wasnt all about how much simms doo-doo you could have on your body.....i have a prlueger medalist 1492 that might wanna meet that rod...if you dont wanna sell it i will give you the reel--its only right...

Might be interested in a medalist - classic reel right there. Got a serial # or date for it?

that heddon looks like an old baitchucker float rod--BIG D AND THE PIN SISTERS might like that for doing something we affectionately know as "catching fish"

keep the garcia---you can winch pike and stillwater monsters out of the depths with it--i have a reel for you...lol--isnt it fun watching me put it all together when all you have really done is post pics--sorry...bro...nice rods...lol

Heddon looks like a broomstick. Could be fun for salmon or musky 

I'm tossed on the Garcia. I've got a 9wt Loomis set up for pike, but the Garcia is tempting. Apparently the 'custom maker' models can be collectible, I may explore the market with that one.

one last thing--upon looking through your photo bucket i came across a dead --dried up fish--care to explain this? HAHAHAHAA

I spent $25 on that fish only to have it croak a couple days later. Needed proof so I could collect on the 'warranty'. Stalker.

No easily visible marks on the bamboo or the bag for it. I can see some marks were rubbed off by the grip, it may take some cross-eyed staring to make sense of them.

Looks like it has seen some use. Can you tell if the fittings are steel, aluminum or plated brass?

Cleaned up the bamboo rod and gave it a good once-over. I pulled the numbers '3090F' from the blank, which points toward a pack rod made by a company called Horrocks-Ibbotson. Conditions is pretty rough (tip-top has been replaced, one guide is missing, ferrule fit is iffy), so this one will probably be a wall-hanger.

The Garcia is a nice rod. You can feel that it is well-built, I'm thinking I may take Snip's suggestion and keep it as a Pike/Bass stick. Definitely has some backbone compared to most graphite rods I've handled.

I can't find much on the algonquin, and the model number isn't matching up with any Fenwick numbers. I'm going to run it by some more knowledgeable people to see what they think. I was actually thinking of keeping the Angler's Pal - it's a nice rod with the customer's name on it. I like rods with history. 7wt should be a nice bass/warmwater rod. I'm not looking for anything specific at this time, when I post up the the sale add I'll see if I can think of anything.

Might be interested in a medalist - classic reel right there. Got a serial # or date for it?

Heddon looks like a broomstick. Could be fun for salmon or musky

I'm tossed on the Garcia. I've got a 9wt Loomis set up for pike, but the Garcia is tempting. Apparently the 'custom maker' models can be collectible, I may explore the market with that one.

I spent $25 on that fish only to have it croak a couple days later. Needed proof so I could collect on the 'warranty'. Stalker.

stalker --made me laugh out loud---also the medalist is an Ak model --so it seems to be late 70s early 80s great shape---just doesnt retrieve the correct way for me.

Archived