Port D Boat Ramp

fishnhunt

Just wondering if anyone knows if SCGF is planning on putting in a dock at the ramp for the winter months...Went to launch there last weekend and they were all out?? (they usually leave 1 in)..and water was down a few feet which made launching very questionable..(decided against it)..

I noticed that too ....they usually leave one dock in for the winter fishing . Maybe the dock they leave in all year needs repair or rebuilt .....going to need the bumpers now.....

I noticed that too ....they usually leave one dock in for the winter fishing . Maybe the dock they leave in all year needs repair or rebuilt .....going to need the bumpers now.....

That's what I thought at first... but seen the usual dock sitting there..(piled up with the rest)..looked in good shape?..problem is.. even with bumpers..there is a 4-6ft.drop getting into boat..and with lower than normal water levels was unsure how far we could back in to launch..

That's what I thought at first... but seen the usual dock sitting there..(piled up with the rest)..looked in good shape?..problem is.. even with bumpers..there is a 4-6ft.drop getting into boat..and with lower than normal water levels was unsure how far we could back in to launch..

we were there last weekend and noticed the same thing...my old man and I usually try to fish port in the boat all winter but didn't get out much last year mainly because the ramp to where the poles in the water are was totally frozen making it unfit for launching boat....I was thinking that maybe this year they took all the docks out probably because they are expecting another bad winter and that much ice must do damage to the docks...just a theory.

Archived