Some Dc Perchin'

marktheperchman

Got out Sunday, but wait too late, as I had to put a new battery in my wife's car. When I got to Millers Creek Marina I couldn't find any minnows. I think the mud coming down the river might have had something to do with it. Well at least Walt had some but by the time I got to Dain City it was 3:00 but at least the water was calm although a little discoloured. The wind picked up a bit so I just stayed anchored where I was and took what I could get. I managed ten keepers and threw back a bunch but by five it's pretty much time to go. Hopefully I will get out a couple more times before freeze up. According to the Weather Networks forecast it should be another good winter for ice on Erie. I know I am keeping my fingers crossed.20141123_171928_zpsxan2qeaa.jpg

Where theres Perch....theres Mark..lol. You are like the perch God Mark !! Cliff, lots of guys wont say so....but the rapala electric fillet knife is the best investment ever. Start at the head, down the side of backbone...stop just short of the tail and flip the fillet and follow the skin clean off. Then i just use my little 6" to strip the rib bone. I can do 50 in 1/2 hour and lose hardly any meat. Trust me...electric fillet knife..easy peasy.

Archived