Unexpected Visitors

gunner-2

Hmmmmm.....looks like 3 drakes taking the girls out to dinner ......just had a hawk visit my back yard yesterday ....helped itself to a sparrow dinner ...... :)

I love mallards and sometimes we need to feed them but bread is bad for them.. Open a can of corn and they will live longer.. Frozen corn works better..

Ya thats true this is the first time this ever happened i think it will be the last but if they do come back it's a can of peaches and cream for them

Hmmmmm.....looks like 3 drakes taking the girls out to dinner ......just had a hawk visit my back yard yesterday ....helped itself to a sparrow dinner ...... :)

We have a hawk that comes around and is taking out the doves well they got to eat too

We have a hawk that comes around and is taking out the doves well they got to eat too

The doves are an easy target for hawks . They can get off the ground quickly , but seem to be oblivious to dangers when feeding on the fallout from the bird feeder above . Even when the "finicky" sparrows and juncos take off suddenly , like every 20 seconds , the doves keep gorging on the sunflower seeds .... hawk food dessert ! lol The cardinals and jays have returned ..... robins will soon be here .

Archived