Opinion Poll Forum?...

fishnhunt

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on getting or requesting a weekly "opinion poll" section (forum)started on NFN?..Not sure what's involved on the set-up (formatting) of such a section..but there has been some great controversial topics since I've been a member (and I respect most everyone's opinions)...but it would be great to see a statistical result of some of the best (or more) interesting ones...I know that there have been a lot of views on some of these..but not a tonne of comments (more response would be achieved by an anonymous click to "agree or "disagree). It would be interesting to see what the majority (percentage) of the actual and overall opinion is on many of these are?..

Just my initial suggestions for the forum:

• Moderators of the site would choose the "weekly ..bi-weekly..or monthly topic".. based on majority interest
  • Results based on a "yea" or "na" ...or "undecided" basis
  • (civilized) Comments section for those who wish to express themselves..post links..background info..etc..
  • Members limited to one vote per topic
  • Graphical representation of the final results

Just thought it might be a nice enhancement to an already great site?

In a real world an opinion poll might work...but, trust me it can get nasty real quick as well. Everyone has an opinion, and sometimes that opinion is best kept to each others self. Mud can be slung in a hurry depending on the amount of fluids absorbed through the day...lol. Opinion poll would require full time moderating and can get nasty in a hurry...

In the short time I have been with NFN, I can almost predict when a topic is on a collision course and the mud starts to fly...

Ideas are always welcome, and "maybe" it could be tried but that's just my opinion...lol

In a real world an opinion poll might work...but, trust me it can get nasty real quick as well. Everyone has an opinion, and sometimes that opinion is best kept to each others self. Mud can be slung in a hurry depending on the amount of fluids absorbed through the day...lol. Opinion poll would require full time moderating and can get nasty in a hurry...

In the short time I have been with NFN, I can almost predict when a topic is on a collision course and the mud starts to fly...

Ideas are always welcome, and "maybe" it could be tried but that's just my opinion...lol

I hear ya!.(you guys do a lot of extra work for this site already) .but what about eliminating the comments section of this portion of NFN.(Opinions Forum).and just posting as a "poll" section.."yes you agree".. or "no you disagree" ..or "undecided"..no comments section would eliminate any uncivilized or negative remarks..

The problem I have with polls is I may make a hasty reply based on what I think at the moment . After reading the pro's and con's of the "debate" , I will sometimes change my mind ......because I don't know "everything" . My young mind is still learning new tricks everyday ! So there would have to be some discussion . As Dave said , the yea's and nay's can easily transform into grrrrr's .... :unsure:<_<:angry::blahblah1::dunno: .

come to think of we already have some of this ..... :rolleyes:

Archived