Does Anyone Feel The Same Way? Carp Weight

perkins

Sometimes smaller carp fight stronger than the pigs? I seen an angler in hamilton harbour fight about a 12lber for about 25 to 30 minute. Ive caught under 5lbers that gave me a run for money too.

Water temps, hook set location , current , & water quality/depth all play a part , and yes some 10 pounders seem to be jacked up on nitro and fought better than a 20 pounder . ....maybe obesity plays a part too ...... :)

Yesterday , an ice angler told me saw a huge carp on his camera , well over 30 lbs. at Rennie Park .......I'll have to take a carp rod & bait to give it a try before ice out .

Very cool. Every year I say I'm gonna drive down to Rennie and have a go at some carp, but being from Hamilton, I always seem to do my carping here at the harbour. But THIS year... lol

Oh yea, and regarding smaller fish fighting better than larger ones, I've experienced this many times and other carpers have related the same thing quite often. Last year, I thought I finally cracked the 30lb mark with a fish that fought waaaay bigger than it was. She was only 23lbs and as happy as I was to capture it, I was a bit emarassed as I was telling the people around me; "Yup, here's my 30!"

There are some big pigs out there that would be a good fight but your right about smaller fish putting up a good fight

and i can see a younger fish put up as good or better fight than older fish

i agree, its really like that in may june

but one time i was fishing lower bronte after the spawn with my steelhead gear and hooked one that was spooling me till it broke off. i saw it on the hook up and it was mid 20 and took off like a salmon

Archived