Center Pin Float Fishing For Carp!

BCLT

Nice video, looks like some good fun on the pin. Is that the Toronto Islands? Thx for sharing.

The ponds I fish are very muddy after ice out . I'm looking for info on what baits to use to get their attention in cold muddy water . By late April -early June the water has a foot or so of visibility and the canned corn works good . As mentioned earlier , some hot sauce may be the ticket ........or some hemp seeds .....

edit.....I also want to try carping at the Bay of Quinte this summer , in a large weed bed area near our camp where the weeds we call "cabbage" is very tall and strong , with some small openings throughout the weeds . I am thinking I'll need 50# braid min. and maybe have better luck using a float .....

Nice job on the vid, Shawn. I thoroughly enjoyed it! I still don't know how you manage to fish and record your adventure at the same time. I have NO ability to multi-task like that. LOL

So, what happened to the little rascal that got you wrapped at the end of the video? Carp have an uncanny ability to find snags like no other fish, eh?

I love the long, lean capture at the beginning. A real beaut there!

Thanks for sharing, Shawn.

smerchly I would use a ground bait.....that is a bait that is small particles, that carry sent but don't fill the fish up. Try a simple bag of oats and cream corn and mold it around a led, or even throw balls of it around your hook bait.

Mike Pike - good to see you are still at it man! as for the fish at the end.........."tunks" gone. As for recording..... its the only way people believe I actually caught a fish since im always blanking lol

edit.....I also want to try carping at the Bay of Quinte this summer , in a large weed bed area near our camp where the weeds we call "cabbage" is very tall and strong , with some small openings throughout the weeds . I am thinking I'll need 50# braid min. and maybe have better luck using a float .....

Smerch set up a proper baiting campaign at this location and the carp will make it weed free for you in very short order :)

Smerch set up a proper baiting campaign at this location and the carp will make it weed free for you in very short order :)

Thanks for that tip ......I should have stopped at Minors in N.Pelham yesterday & bought some maise for baiting . (if they sell it) . I can visit the weed bed & fix a float in a good spot to mark it and boil up some of that corn .

Archived