2015 Ontario Kayak Fishing Series

river guide

• 2 months later...

Just a month away from the South River event. This is always the biggest turnout of the series due to the excellent bass and pike fishing.

For $110 you get entry fee, camping, pot luck dinner, draw prize tickets, great fishing, wicked prizes, and a chance to win an Ocean Kayak Prowler Big Game valued at over $1500.

You can't go camping for a weekend at that price!

I might sign up next for a tournament next year. I would like to see how people efficiently catch bass/pike for a tournament. I fish leisurely so I do not care how much a catch or how big for that matter. But when a tournament is on the line you want to be as efficient and LUCKY as possible! I want to see some video coverage from a winning kayak from this tournament before I sign up.

I might sign up next for a tournament next year. I would like to see how people efficiently catch bass/pike for a tournament. I fish leisurely so I do not care how much a catch or how big for that matter. But when a tournament is on the line you want to be as efficient and LUCKY as possible! I want to see some video coverage from a winning kayak from this tournament before I sign up.

You will be waiting a long time to see video coverage from any angler in any tournament unless they have a dedicated person to do so. No one is going to spend time to film when they are tourney fishing.

river guide you raise a valid point... We need a kayak fishing great with a camera crew to video tape him. FOR ME AND ME ONLY! ;)

If you insist. :)

Are you actually looking at how to Catch-Photo-Release fish from the yak?

I have no problem doing that because I have an amazing camera mount. I am more interested in seeing how people cast and paddle and direct their kayak around structure all at the same time. Is there a trick to it?

I am used to anchoring and letting bait soak but I want to get my lures wet again and I want to be ready for the bass this summer. But getting close to the structure within casting distance and directing the boat parallel to it has been a challenge. Its not impossible but it definitely makes for an earned fish when you get one!

I am used to anchoring and letting bait soak but I want to get my lures wet again and I want to be ready for the bass this summer. But getting close to the structure within casting distance and directing the boat parallel to it has been a challenge. Its not impossible but it definitely makes for an earned fish when you get one!

when I kayak fish for bass although difficult I drift shoreline using my feet hanging in the water to keep myself facing shore. It takes practice but it's doable. And makes for a lot of fun.

Feet in the water kinda works as a paddle does. Kick left to aim right and vise versa. Not incredibly stealthy but it worked for me.

My other method was I fish shoreline where I know the wind will have me drift parallel to shore. Difficult in some bodies of water but that worked great and in the end had me literally on top of bass

• 4 weeks later...

South River event is this weekend and registration is still open. Lots of great prizes plus an Ocean Kayak Big Game II will be raffled off! Everyone gets a free raffle ticket with their entry fee.

• 8 months later...

Are any of you guys going to the series at Dunnville on the 16th April 2016.

I have never been to one, and am thinking about it. Perhaps meet some of the guys from the forum/

• 2 weeks later...

Archived