Upper Niagara

MOE FISHIN

Check the seasons too .... for pike that is. But when the season dose open up hit shallow bays because they are the first to warm up with hard or soft bottom.

Search the mnr to find the seasons for each zone.

I believe Pike in our zone open on the 2nd Saturday of may... ill have to check the regulations again I might be mixed up with a different zone

Erie is zone 19 and it should be year round. Zone 16 (Niagara) and Zone 20 (Lake O) are second saturday in may ... i think. I might be wrong on zone numbers. But erie is open year round for pike.

• 2 weeks later...

The Chippawa marina used to be a pike Hotspot when they first put the docks in after ice out but before the boats came. Haven't tried in years but it was popular back in the day. Mostly pike too just the odd ski. Not even sure if it's still allowed or probably not but with boat access your set

Good 2 know... I am currently narrowing down my list for the pike opener...

Has anyone fished the US side of the upper for pike?

When does the season open there?

Long day vis was about 20 feet starter ended up failing on me when i was out in the middle had to paddle to the marina and i was parked at netherby good thing had a buddy around to drive me down to get my truck would have been one he'll of a walk got one fish trowling nothing on the drift i think that water was just to clear

Theres pike in the upper? Never seen one myself but i only fished there for 40 years. Never targeted them though

Lots of pike in the upper, and all the marinas and creeks along it.

Archived