Swallows!

I was out a while ago and heard some birdcalls that I immediately recognized. I looked and sure enough, there were two swallows chasing eachother as swallows do.

Why is that interesting? Well I can't recall ever having seen (or heard) swallows in an urban setting. Watching them flit around was enjoyable. When I was a kid I built a birdhouse that was occupied every year by a pair of swallows. I think they are among my favorites.

I seen some swallows last week fishing they were building there nest under a bridge there are amazing birds for sure they are fast and watching

there grab bugs off the water you think they are going into the drink for sure but they don't

They are always nesting along the small cliffs along Lake Ontario and under the bridges of the QEW ....see them constantly at Jordan .The way they fly reminds me of bats . They are very pretty birds . On a sad not.....my dog killed a young ,very red cardinal in the yard this morning ....I gave it a proper burial under the honeysuckle bush with dandelions & violets to mark the grave ...... :(

Nice shot Gunner! You don't often catch them sitting still! It was nice having them around when I was a kid. They were always entertaining to watch. And as I got older I realized that they were also helping keep insect populations in check.

Archived