Rod Holder

Tom S

Just finished up a project to get my rods up off the ground and out of harm's way. To many rugrats around here to leave them in a corner by my desk anymore

5CD1C6ED-16C5-4EC0-8EF9-AAA35BC55D9A.jpg

It's made from Baltic Birch, and has a leaping salmon in a west coast native motif carved into the back board. I'm going to see if I can come up with a way to finish the wood nicely and pick out the carving in black or black & red paint.

But now I have another problem... My wife can see how many rods I actually own!

ABD5A2DF-70CC-4237-9465-28E7908DDDE9.jpg

Looks nice.

Personlly I like open holes ao I can just set them in instead of threading through the holes.

This one works out well this way as there is a door to the right of the rack that will ensure that side is always accessible for feeding rods in. With the desk in front of the rack reaching the top slot would have been difficult. Besides, I like the aesthetics of holes over slots.

Very nice job! I'd say if you're going to apply a finish to make it a natural one to keep the texture and show off the grain.

Got to try some different things out, but you can be sure that the wood will show through. Off the bat I'm going to try some coats of danish oil and then hand paint the recesses with black paint.

Great work. If i did 22 of those i can hang mine too

Its an addiction. I only use customs balanced to my needs too.

Love the woorkman ship !

Tom S very nice rod holder for sure and craftsmen ship....

Cheers Bic

Archived