Tic Season

Flyfisher

I was out for a trail walk with my dog yesterday along the escarpment and when we came home she had a couple tics on her ear and I found one crawling on my arm. If your out fishing in wooded areas check yourself for tics when you get home. they are bad this year

I had one in me the other day....got me in the butt.....today I have the flu....bad fever aches and pain....kept looking for spots on my feet and hands but nothing showed up so I'm pretty sure it was just the flu and not rocky Mountain spotted fever....starting to feel better but it was a doosey

Glad you're feeling better pudge , it takes some time before a tic can infect a client , best to check oneself out after every outing . They seem to be getting worse every year ....hope it's just a temporary cycle , we never had ticks on us for the last 50 years of fishing . I pulled one from the back side of my nephew's arm this weekend while fishing Deseronto in my boat . They give me the "willies" <_<

I checked me and my dog when I got back too the car and nothing....I got home had supper had a shower and checked myself again in the shower still nothing...went out that night to a friends house and when I got there I found one on my sock....went home that night went to bed and I woke up in the morning half asleep and felt something on my butt...didn't think anything of it until I pulled on it and it stuck...pulled on it again and it popped out....I woke up in a hurry swearing up a storm...as soon as I popped it out I knew what it was...my guess is they were in my shoe...the one thing I didn't check.

With all this talk of ticks, its funny that I've never had one on me in all my years of fishing and traipsing thru the bush!

Had client bring in a coyote the other day for a mount and just on the ears i took off 42 tick thank god they were all dead from the freezer those things

creep me out and it takes a lot to do that

Had client bring in a coyote the other day for a mount and just on the ears i took off 42 tick thank god they were all dead from the freezer those things

creep me out and it takes a lot to do that

One of the reasons I didn't like to mount animals or birds way back in the 80's .....not ticks, but other nasties like lice or getting an animal that may have a disease like rabies, etc. ......rubber gloves for sure when doing fresh mounts . Freezing all specimens (except fish) is a good idea . Ticks bug me !

Has anybody used permethrin and does it work

I know that flea callers have permethrin in it and i don't find flea callers work at all i think in my own opinion the only thing that worked

the government banned from Canada with high deet the stuff we have now you spry on but the insects still bite you can get high priced for stuff from the vet

for your pet but there is no price to much for my dogs and there safety from ticks and mosquitoes

DEET is powerful stuff. The stuff we used when I was in the military was pure DEET I think. Don't let it touch anything plastic unless you want it melted.

I don't think permetherin would be effective for ticks, but it certainly does pull the trick for fleas and lice.

Archived