Any Niagara Smallmouth Reports?

archman

Fish are in. Buffalo has fish for sure. Water temp was 49 last Sunday. My daughter and I did very well. Location is very key. Be willing to travel a bit and experiment. Following boats is not always the best thing. My daughter and I caught upwards of 50 fish away from most boats who were in typical spots that had little to no fish. River producing as well. Cold front recently so things might be different. Tournament out of Buffalo on Saturday but most will stay in the lake. PM me if you want and I can even provide my number. Coming from 3 hours away I would want you to have fun and get some fish. Probably out Sunday. 19 foot Triumph with red highlights. Take Care! Paul.

We got a few out around stawberry just casting crankbaits, didnt look like there were many up shallow yet, could have just been the cold front though, may have done better drop shotting.

• 1 month later...

Not much moss to deal with around Navy island yesterday morning. Boat traffic was a pain with all the jet skis and offshore speed boats who have no consideration for others! Fishing was slow ended up with 6 smallies, biggest was 2.75lbs. Lots of fun!

Not much moss to deal with around Navy island yesterday morning. Boat traffic was a pain with all the jet skis and offshore speed boats who have no consideration for others! Fishing was slow ended up with 6 smallies, biggest was 2.75lbs. Lots of fun

You guys did better than us, we got skunk at Navy in the afternoon around 2pm-4pm. though we witness few at their spawning bed. Some tubers still around the area, but I believe the area just not as productive as it can get.

I landed a 40" musky on my first cast when we got to strawberry island by 8:30am, what a fight! Then landed 3 more bass, lost few more by 12 noon, we saw more bass but they were just not interested. When the moss are gone, I believe bass also migrated back to Lake Erie, also lack of bait fish around this time of the year compared to previous years. Saw only few carps around, and an orange colored rad.

went out sunday morning got 6niceones aveage 21/2-3 not big but wife had fun with them.

Was that you and the Mrs drifting the Canadian side of Navy I.?

Archived