Us Post Box

cplummer

Dont know if ut can be done by phone.

i went over to a store, signed a form, showed ID, and done.

there are a few locations right over the rainbow bridge and queenston. Dont know about buffalo though.

I use Kuhn's Storage & Brian the owner is a good guy.Niagara falls NY though.Might be a parcel donkey or similar in buffalo.

• 2 weeks later...

I use this one..... https://www.needausaddress.com

You can sign up online and start getting mail sent to your box right away, there is NO yearly fee, just a pick up fee. ..I've had mine for just over a year and have checked out over 53 packages. All of my mail gets delivered to "The UPS Store" in Lewiston, New York.

http://www.nyaddress.ca/?gclid=CPSEpP709sUCFQuMaQodOXwApQ

This is a new US address I just signed up, since they only charge $2 for any package stored for up to 4 months, it seemed feasible to order few items on line, leave them there for a while, then go and picked them up at the same time.They also open on sundays.

Other shipping companies charges by weekly storage fees. and close on sundays.

For those who wanted to order a US credit card, this US address should work. Need a physical address to pick up the credit card. I also need a US zip code to enter at the pump when filling gas. Just more convenient. Many US pumps need to input a zip code, and not just pin number.

I am still temp using another company just across lewiston bridge at 3909 witmer road, they are not open on sundays, and charges storage on weekly basis, I am always pressured to pick up my package right away so not to pay second week of storage fees, they are also close on sundays.

Another way to receive your on line order, is to time it to be shipped ahead of time to your US vacation motel/hotel known address. I did it on my last trip on victoria weekend. I did not have to wait for the US mail box office across the border to be open at 9 am or close on sundays. We were always at the custom border before 8:00am. I called the Howard Johnson motel a week ago before I booked it first if it was okay to receive the package from on line purchases, most motel have business people receiving stuff when they check in. The desk clerk brought out my two packages by the time I checked in that evening. No need to pay a fee, and I am not stuck to pass through my mail box across niagara falls, border , I have more freedom to travel and use any US border crossing, and still get my package.

The custom border, seem in need of cash these days. My sister in law and two other relatives went across the peace bridge border for less than 8 hrs and bought under $300, they had to pay 13% taxes. While on our last trip coming back through kingston border, which my wife and I stayed over at USA for under 36 hrs, we bought under $350, our vehicle was search, but we never have to pay Hst due to our allowable import exemption. But we were surprise , since we were across the border more than 10 times last year, and never got search nor pay any taxes in years of purchasing stuff being less then 8 hrs across the border.

Archived