Fish Pictures

captnn

Change in US fishing regulations for Apr 1 . Out if season fish must be unhooked and released immediately. They may not be handled for any purpose including photographs.

I can see it now, CO's don't check your cooler or fishbox for over limits, they just want to see your camera or phone memory card. Don't be an idiot and post pics on facebook, forums or anywhere on the net and you should be golden.

I can see it now, CO's don't check your cooler or fishbox for over limits, they just want to see your camera or phone memory card. Don't be an idiot and post pics on facebook, forums or anywhere on the net and you should be golden.

So what? It's ok to take pics of OOS fish as long as you don't post them online? Not sure if that's what ur getting at but all OOS FISH should be let go right away with no pics.

There are too many holes in this argument ... the way I see it is, that you will only be fined if you are stupid enough to post the details or get caught posing with the fish.

For example SEE THIS BASS I CAUGHT ON THIS DATE AT THIS LOCATION.

Sorry but if I catch a nice fish (and by nice, it would be something I might never catch again, a huge muskie, an atlantic salmon, etc), a photo will always get taken, it may never be posted to a public forum, but an incidental catch of massive fish is worthy of a picture.

Flame away!

There are too many holes in this argument ... the way I see it is, that you will only be fined if you are stupid enough to post the details or get caught posing with the fish.

Sorry but if I catch a nice fish (and by nice, it would be something I might never catch again, a huge muskie, an atlantic salmon, etc), a photo will always get taken, it may never be posted to a public forum, but an incidental catch of massive fish is worthy of a picture.

Flame away!

Flame away!

There are no holes. It is the law in the US and not Canada yet. Treat it how you wish. Just be aware of it.

Someone actually had this debate on Facebook a short while ago, after posting some pics on an American eel he'd caught. So he took the time to inquire of the MNR, and the response was that possession of any OOS or otherwise prohibited fish is not permitted, and keeping it even long enough for a photo is considered possession. Therefore, keeping a fish for an OOS photo is already illegal in Ontario. That said, I'm sure many of us have done so.

You can break any law, rule or regulation. It is not a problem til you get caught. If you are on a site that encourages conservation and following fishing laws you should not post that you will intentionally break the law, rule or regulation.

Archived