I Went Out Monday

shortys

Went to my mom and dads pond. Tried out my new oats and flour press bait. I put Louisiana spice in the mix and orange food coloring. The first carp hit around twenty minutes in. It was around 9 pounds. Then they must have liked the chum because after another hour of nibiles and ten rebaitings the area had lots of chum. They turned on. I had five fish in about 15 minutes. All around 9 to 15 pounds. After replacing my hook and sinker. I caught the biggest carp yet. It was over 35 pounds:-) it didn't even fit in the net! My buddy I was fishing with took a few pictures I'll get him to email them to me and post them up.

What a great day:-) I wanted to get a 30 pounder last year and I had no scale to weigh it so I can't say forsure. This year first day out I'm over that. So I'm going for my first 40 pounder:-)

I love carping

Holly Schmoly , it looks like that pond is loaded with big carp ! They must have lots of natural food to eat to attain weights like that . What a spot to take the kids fishing (me) ! aha.... I lost a BIG carp yesterday ....he/she was determined it wanted no part of my hook that eventually expelled itself as that thing sped off into the sunset ! lol

Holly Schmoly , it looks like that pond is loaded with big carp ! They must have lots of natural food to eat to attain weights like that . What a spot to take the kids fishing (me) ! aha.... I lost a BIG carp yesterday ....he/she was determined it wanted no part of my hook that eventually expelled itself as that thing sped off into the sunset ! lol

One of these days I will have to take you out to the pond. If it wasn't for you and your posts I wouldn't be as lucky as I have been. Thanx smerchly. Your posts have always been a big help.

Anydangway

I went over tonight for dessert to mom and dads. Went fishing for 2 hours. Only a cat fish.

Archived