Disabled Friend

spindilla

Hey guys I've been following this board for a long time but I don't post much.

I got a kinda sick friend that I want to take out that lives out by Niagara. He can't walk very far, taking him down to the whirlpool is totally out of the question.

I was wondering if anyone had a shore spot that has walleye (as he hasn't caught one in ages) and catfish? (BTW I catch and release)

This would be much appreciated preferably if the walk is not steep and hilly. Upper Niagara is preferred.

Thanks to all for any info that is provided. This guy hasn't come fishing with me in years because of his current condition.

Taking him out on the boat is really stressful for him, sometimes I wonder why......lol

I think going out on the boat is less stressful but I don't think he can be out in the sun for very long.

Thanks.

I fish in Fort Erie by the train bridge from shore for perch and bass using minnows in the summer. This a great spot from shore and I usually do well but moss can be a problem, I usually fish 10 feet from shore off the wall. I catch my own minnows right beside the peace bridge.

What about St. John's pond on Barron Rd? My Dad is 74 and his mobility isn't very good. He loves it there because it's an easy flat walk from the parking lot and there is an area reserved for people with disabilities and plenty of benches to sit down if need be. Just a thought.

I will second steel shady witg the train bridge. It's a great area. You can either fish the current right off the parking lot. Or walk 50 meters to the lower cement block and fish the slower current. Fishing can be non stop for just about everything.

Archived