Help With Bird Identification

Frank81

I have never seen it before. looks like a cedar waxwing but it.s not wrong color and they have yellow tips on there

tail no idea what it is i have books on all the bird in North America and did not see it in there

I have never seen it before. looks like a cedar waxwing but it.s not wrong color and they have yellow tips on there

tail no idea what it is i have books on all the bird in North America and did not see it in there

I went to Google Images and found some info Gunner . Some males have an orange tipped tail , some close to being red . If you use photo software that enhances the colour depth , orange colours can be changed to red with colour saturation . Here's the link where I found some info ....scroll down a ways to see the tail feathers ......pretty sure it is a waxwing .

http://www.migrationresearch.org/mbo/id/cedw.html

Good find smerch may be it is a waxwing my book only showed yellow but that is not so thanks for showing this they are a very nice looking bird don't see then very often

unless you have a mall berry tree

Thanks guys! Sorry it too me some to repky, I posted this then went camping for q few days and had no cell reception, which is not a bad thing lol ...Thats a greatlink smerch!I Google and looked a pics and couldn't find anything wax wings with the red tail,but your source looks legit so well go with that.

This little guy seems happy hanging out in the chicken coop with my friends chickens.

gunner-2, that's pretty neat!

Update on the bird, ... My buddy put it in a cage because of cats on the property, he noticed that the mother? was coming by to feed the little guy all the time, so he left the cage open while he was outside and the little waxwing finally decided it was time to fly away.

11181282_10155784253140587_3376832400508

gunner-2, that's pretty neat!

Update on the bird, ... My buddy put it in a cage because of cats on the property, he noticed that the mother? was coming by to feed the little guy all the time, so he left the cage open while he was outside and the little waxwing finally decided it was time to fly away.

11181282_10155784253140587_3376832400508

that is cool good to see mom didn't give up on it :clapping:

Archived