Tornado Warning

bbrt

This was our 4th warning this year. Never seen so many. I was at canal days in port C . Not a thing but did see nasty clouds.

I think we are seeing more because Environment Canada is stepping up their game ... more so in issuing more warnings ... some of you may have noticed warnings came up on your TVs depending on the channels tuned in ... I read last month (after the twister touched down around Calgary) that Environment Canada was looking to create more push warnings for Canadians when extreme weather was in the area ... and this may include text messages (free) to cell phones about potentially bad weather ... they have looked at the US model and there is much room for improvement in Canada.

Canada actually gets a couple of hundred twisters a year, but with so many parts of BC through to Quebec uninhabited, they have a rough time confirming if the smaller twisters have actually touched down.

About 10 years ago we had one blow through this part of Hamilton. Did some damage to the roof of a school on the mountain, then came down the mountain and missed my building by about 100 feet. Took out the bottom half of a telephone pole across the street and left the top half hanging by the wires. Never saw anything like it before or since.

Archived