Carp Gear

Jmo1685

Hey Everyone,

Well this summer hasn't allowed for much fishing (4 hours of commuting for work everyday) and busy weekends catching up on missed stuff during the week. I am however beginning to look into more carp specific equipment for after my contract is up in the fall (which means more fishing time). My question is is there a website thag you guys use for ordering carp gear ? Rod holders, bite alarms, ect. I know Peters has carp stuff but I'm only back in Niagara once a month or every two months and won't have the time to visit Peters. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Ya Jmo, I find myself with the same problem as you. I commute 3 hours everyday so there is no time to do anything during the weekdays. So the weekend to-do list is massive and it leaves little time for fishing. So I hear ya, brother!

Anyhoo, I second trouttamer, and would recommend carpkit.com. Simon runs the operation out of Milton and has really been a huge help when I was collecting my new gear. He even let me go over to his place so I could look( and feel )some of the carp sticks and reels before I bought them.

Fall carping is amazing so its perfect timing. Carping is an all day affair for me so I need a whole to devote to it not a few hours.

Its been so hot I havent bothered with carp or fishing in general. Not as enjoyable when you sweat it up!

Carpkit is amazing if you like ordering online. I have it favourited on my computer haha

Peters has alot of carp gear. There is a guy there who knows alot about the gear too, dont know his name.

I went to basspro and asked a fishing associate to show me carp gear and he hadnt a clue where it would be. He said its scattered amongst other gear.....

Im sure fishing world in hamilton/stoney creek (centennial pkwy area) has a selection. I was surprised at what they had first time i went there.

• 2 months later...

Well , the water has cooled and the carp took off to... Florida ? Last 3 outings , no action . I did up some more maize last night ....presoaked it with warm water for 30 hrs , then simmered it on the gas stove for 30 minutes & let cool down slowly on the stove , as usual . The kernels are soft ,but not as large as they were previously in the spring . I keep the 55 lb.bag sealed & then put into a cooler . ....still usable but not as much volume as earlier . I assume the corn dries as it ages . Maybe I should try the bread/oat pack baits with dough balls or corn puffs for the late fall fishing . Also time for a little trouting , perching and piking ...... :Gonefishing:

Archived