Reebs Bay

psilokan

Just stumbled upon this article and was pretty upset by it. It's one of the few spots around here you can go duck hunting. I haven't hunted there but I'd hate to lose that option. At least they've delayed it....for now.

http://www.niagarathisweek.com/news-story/5248669-wainfleet-holds-off-on-reebs-bay-gazebo-plan/

Yep that's the world we live in and another notch in a non hunters belt notice they are talking about bikers it's unfair

for sure there is more to this wold then just hikers and bikers y cant they free up some land for hunters we spend a lot of money

for licences that keeps going up every year i think all the guys that hunt if we could buy up all the land swamps bush i'm sure we would

but there is getting to be nothing left for us and every thing to give to non hunters :wall:

I've hunted there Abit .... " we" are not welcomed there by the surrounding property owners but there's no one that's super close and it's no different then hearing the gun shots from people in boats ! What's next!!! We need to do what a lot of states do and start a company that goes around to land owners/ farmers and gets peisdiom then in turn hunters rent the land for a fee and are insured etc !! Solve a lot of problems orrrrrr if you hunt in wainfleet people just go wherever they want anyways .... It totally sucks for the ones who obey all rules and landowner wishes !! All we can do is be true to ourselves! I take pride In that and no one will ever take that from me !!

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I would love some sort of a setup where farmers allow access to the public to hunt on their lands. I keep reading about public dove fields in the states and it makes me really jealous.

Someone also dumped a ton of small nails at the entrance to beach .... If the intent was to try and pop vehicle tires I hope it doesn't happen but not good for walking either...... Takes all kinds and too bad our government doesn't. Provide us with more spots but maybe in time !!!! We can only hope

Archived