Fishing The French River: Lodge Advice

blue pilgrim

Hello folks.

Several friends and I have decided to change up our yearly fishing trip from Lake Nippissing in January to doing a September fishing trip.

Some of us have thought about the French River.

Any experience with good lodges? We are looking at the housekeeping rates etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

I have heard good things about Chaudiere Lodge. Never stayed there but we rented a boat from them when we went camping. Its on the upper French, no road access to it, they pick you up at Dokis Marina. Beautiful looking lodge from the out side. I was fishing musky, only ended up losing one but usually got about a half dozen pike every evening while musky fishing and heard the walleye is great up there now. Beautiful river.

Look up the Bears Den lodge I used to go there years ago it was very close to really good walleye good acomodatians and the price was reasonable, I think we went in from Albin on 69 Dave

To get to the Bear's Den , take HWY69 past the French River bridge and take Hartley Bay Rd. About 10 miles in there's Hartley Bay Marina which has cottages for rent and a boat launch . Another .5 km down the road is the Bear's Den . I stayed at a cottage at the Bee Hive ,about 2 km. west of the Bears Den , right across from Camp Kaintuck on the island where the Wanapitei River runs into the lake. Good walleye fishing and pike fishing in Pike Lake and many other good spots in the area .

Wolsely Bay area is awesome.

Wolsely Bay Lodge and Totem Point Lodge

Great access to all the prime fishing spots. Very scenic as well.

Great walleye, musky, smallies and pike. Great fishing areas.

...so many black flies and mozzies in June though. Early or late is better.

To get to the Bear's Den , take HWY69 past the French River bridge and take Hartley Bay Rd. About 10 miles in there's Hartley Bay Marina which has cottages for rent and a boat launch . Another .5 km down the road is the Bear's Den . I stayed at a cottage at the Bee Hive ,about 2 km. west of the Bears Den , right across from Camp Kaintuck on the island where the Wanapitei River runs into the lake. Good walleye fishing and pike fishing in Pike Lake and many other good spots in the area .

I agree with you, I fished Hartley bay and its good fishing for walleye, pike and smallies

I agree with you, I fished Hartley bay and its good fishing for walleye, pike and smallies

We also caught some very good catches of crappies right in front of Camp Kaintuck in 22 fow. using small live minnows we caught in Pike Lake . I haven't been there for many years since we have a trailer at Quinte .

Archived