Behide Mcdonald

Bigcaveman50

i used to fish down behind McDonalds when i was a kid...some good pike and bass fishing..spots maybe over grown with brush..there was or still is a trail right behind McDonalds...I haven't fished it in years though.

To fish there you just need to park and hike down ... but be cautious of where you park since you would be parking in a business parking lot.

At times there also appears to be tents down there, so whether it is kids hiding out or someone homeless ... unknown to me.

There is a lot of mud down there and you have to be able to cast a good distance due to the layout (very shallow bays) in most spots.

In the spring the geese are very aggressive and hide out throughout the reeds on their eggs.

Definitely worth the effort in the spring, once the water temps get too warm it is unproductive unless you can get right under the QEW where the water flows fairly fast.

I fish from my kayak in that area a couple times each summer. I find alot of catfish and carp activity. But I have also been told many stories of bass and pike. Get waders so you can cast far enough. Or a machete and make a small area for yourself to cast from because it is quite bushy. Bugs are atrocious at the waterline aswell. Drink some bugspray! Buy a drink from mcdonalds so they dont think about towing your car. It is a nice hike though and I have seen deer walking around down there from my kayak. It flows very strong so I imagine there are predators. Not possible to paddle upstream to give you an idea. Every spot is worth a shot

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't wade if I were you. That muck is toxic and shouldn't be stirred up. Yes there's some drug use down there too and garbage is terrible. Caught a very big pet turtle (slider) down there and brought it to a rescue in Kitchener. Very nice to kayak there but in the spring the Mute swans are very aggressive so disturbing ducks or Canada Geese might cause them to get their ass kicks by the swans.

Archived