Petitions

smerchly

Anyone here a member of "change.org" ? I signed a petition a few months ago & since then have got emails from them on a weekly basis . I received one about fishing and they are asking the Ontario MNR to allow two rods for shore fishing . I have seen some replies from carp anglers who agree with the petition . Some carpers are using I bobbers to find fish from shore (more high tech stuff to catch more fish) and this will spread to all shore "catching" . I am totally against using two rods from shore . If I had two lines in and hooked a big fish , and the other rod started peeling off line .....what to do now ?? :huh: If we can't be happy with one rod and a ton of electronics , maybe take up another "sport" ? I have deleted this website ....they asked me why , but I think they wouldn't get it .....

Happy Hooking in 2016

Smerch

Well, we still have 2 lines (for the most part) allowed for ice fishing. ;)

And they only cover one square foot of the bottom . While carp fishing with 2 rods, I could set a line out for carp and toss spoons for pike, etc. or try for pannies or cats with the second rod , and cover a lot of water . With two rods and my handy dandy underwater camera between them , I can fill my white bucket from a pier with a couple dozen nice smallies (wife & 2 kids with me ) lol .....and return the next day & legally drop 8 more rods in the water and fill up the bucket again (for my family of course) ....legally . If that is okay with most anglers , then I hope there are no complaints when the fishing is "slow " . But , I don't think the MNR will allow 2 rods from shore .....hopefully .... :Gonefishing: :Gonefishing:

....but maybe 2 licenses for each angler would have some clout ?

Maybe the tune will change once those silver (and the rest) carp take over. ;)

LOL ...they would be a blast to catch , and maybe better eating than those boots :D

Archived