Old Stuff

smerchly

Going through some old pics. thought I'd post a few ...... Most are glossy 35mm prints that I copy with my digi pocket camera....

.....Port Dal. way back before the marina was built ....nothing but sand at " Michigan Beach "

SAM_6849.JPG

My 2 kids in front of the plane, about 1973 ....know where this is ?

SAM_6861.JPG

Same place , same day .....we enjoyed the races and great ice fishing there ....

SAM_6862.JPG

....and this ....my first attempt at mounting a big spec . Most of it's head was chewed off by a mink (or something) at my buds house . I filled it with plaster & painted it .....( on the opposite side of the fish)

SAM_6852.JPG

this yote was in a field beside the traffic circle under the Skyway , about 80 yds from my van ....about 30 yrs. ago

SAM_6867.JPG

I also took a dozen of my old moose hunt pictures , but loading them one at a time takes so much time ....maybe post a collage ( much smaller) later ....

Jordan was THE place at one time ice fishing for big jumbo's & some crappies . I have driven my full size van from the ramp to the middle of the harbour to spend the day ice fishing .....saw a car being towed out when the front end broke through ( long cable from shore) . Jordan was also known as a great bass fishery with many tournaments held there years ago . It has become very shallow but still fun to fish for cats & carp .

Think the plane is at Jordan Harbour, looks like the causeway and Lake Ontario in the background.

Yes Dave , that was Jordan Harbour and also the ice races there the same day . Jordan was a busy place all 4 seasons . It's nice to be able to fish there during the summer where the old marina (Campbells) ... is now a conservation park .

Yes Dave , that was Jordan Harbour and also the ice races there the same day . Jordan was a busy place all 4 seasons . It's nice to be able to fish there during the summer where the old marina (Campbells) ... is now a conservation park .

First went out on Jordan Harbour with dad in the late 50's, I used to launch there at Don's when I got my first boat before 84 when I bought a home near the marinas in Grimsby. Always saw the activity in winter there when going to Queenston to steelhead in the 80's, my steelhead partner would often stud up his dirt bike tire with self tapping screws and race his bike there on the ice.

Those were the days my friend . It seems there was so much activity going on along the lake in the 50's & 60's . Cars were crammed in across the road on the lake side of Jordan .... swimming , picknicing & fishing . ...same with Charles D.P. and other beaches along the lake . I spent many days at Lakeside Park enjoying the rides , food , games and fishing the pier there. If we wanted to travel south .....Crystal Beach was the place to enjoy the rides , etc.......We were very fortunate to have this locally .

Archived