Sweet Sweet Validation!

RyannLarge

I'm finally validated and able to post. My name is Ryann and a man I met at Henley Island named Tom recommended I start an account here. I've come to learn tips, tricks, and techniques. I've been fishing most of my life but never really learned much about it and I would like to. I couldn't seem to locate an introduction thread on the forums so I hope it's okay that I've posted this here. My goal this year is to land two new species.

I believe so. Further up the road right? I was there three days and people were catching on live so I brought live on the third day and everyone was catching on soft plastics so I switched to match them and nothing. We were all fishing the same five or six foot circle of water. Also fairly certain I had a pike bite but missed the hook set because of inexperience but I'm still trying.

Welcome RyannLarge there is always some one on hear to answer any questions you mite have.Don't get me wrong i love fishing but i'm more of a hunter but when it comes

to fishing i have learned 3 important steps 1/ timing 2/ presentation and 3/ coming to Nfn the guys on hear really now what there talking about good luck in your quest

for your target species

Welcome Ryann . We certainly have a vast variety of fish here in Niagara and many spots to try by boat or from shore . Last March we were still ice fishing so keeping a record of when to fish for different species can vary year to year . The past month has been a roller coaster of temperatures , and more cold days are ahead . I think the fish are more confused than I am ....my last 4 outings have not seen a fish on my line so I know it will only get better as the water warms up . .....Today is not one of those "good days" :nea:

Yesterday was a carp -crappie day , nice weather , chocolate water , and I fished from St. Kitts to Jordan .

Welcome aboard ! NFN is the place where all the cool fishermen hangout, as I'm sure you will learn ! I wish you luck in your search for Crappie this spring, I'm sure you will hook into one ! I'm a carp guy, so these past few weeks I've been making more chum and packbaaits than I know what to do with.

As for the bass, that shouldn't be a problem at all ! Using the search bar at the top of the site will help you find the information you are looking for, and if you can't, then ask and I'm sure someone will answer. If you're really stuck, feel free to PM me and I'll 100% get you on the right track.

Tight Lines and Goodluck :)

Thanks for all the warm welcomes guys. I plan on keeping a notepad in my bag to write down what I've tried and the conditions for the day. I also plan on heading out with more gear so I can switch it up a bit and see what the fish around here like and what they don't.

Welcome to the forum! Fishing is one of the most fun activities to learn IMO. No matter how long a person has been fishing there will always be something new to learn. Getting out and applying new ideas is the best way to learn. The day you don't get out and fish is the day you are guaranteed to get skunked!. Fishing is a numbers game. The more you get out the more fish you will catch. As good as this forum is, you won't catch a thing from your keyboard! Don't wait for perfect conditions. Something will alway be biting! Good luck out there!

Welcome to the forum! Fishing is one of the most fun activities to learn IMO. No matter how long a person has been fishing there will always be something new to learn. Getting out and applying new ideas is the best way to learn. The day you don't get out and fish is the day you are guaranteed to get skunked!. Fishing is a numbers game. The more you get out the more fish you will catch. As good as this forum is, you won't catch a thing from your keyboard! Don't wait for perfect conditions. Something will alway be biting! Good luck out there!

I've actually been considering going out rain or shine and just setting up tarp to sit under if it's raining. I just want to get a back fender for my bike so I don't get a wet butt. No one likes a wet butt!

Archived