Choosing A New Fishfinder Gps Combo

Flyfisher

Hi everybody. I am in the market for a new fish finder for my 14 ft. aluminium boat. I had owned a couple Lawrance units in the past and both of them broke down after 2 seasons. So now I am looking for a new one with a GPS. I`ve been looking at Ray Marine, Hummingbird and Garmin. So far I like the simplicity of the Raymarine and the picture quality. I'm looking for something in the $600 range and am not interested in side scan imaging. I want a 5 inch screen and easy to use. What are your thoughts on what I should be looking for or if you have any experience with any of these units

I've had Lawrence in the past, now I have Humminbird 587 combo, very user friendly. Thinking of upgrading to the Helix but still wanting more info on them.

I like the Helix 9 but I'm tossing around with down imaging GPS Combo or just the regular Finder and GPS combo going with the Navionics +.

I'd like to talk to Someone at Angling Outfitters, they know their stuff..

Fish farmer is right the guys at angling outfitters know their stuff when it comes to electronics, staff there is great to deal with.

Where is Angling Outfitters

I've had Lawrence in the past, now I have Humminbird 587 combo, very user friendly. Thinking of upgrading to the Helix but still wanting more info on them.

I like the Helix 9 but I'm tossing around with down imaging GPS Combo or just the regular Finder and GPS combo going with the Navionics +.

I'd like to talk to Someone at Angling Outfitters, they know their stuff..

Hey FF,

Between the H9 and H10 if you are going with SI there is a big difference in image quality and frequency. Different transducers. I took a look at the raymarine site....it does spark my interest especially with the chirp in an affordable range. HB makes you go to the H12 for that. Althought the HB is a range of frequencies and the RM is just a couple of specific frequencies. Hmmmm. But like you said the HB is just so easy. I have an 858 DI unit but am wondering about the helix 10 or a good deal on a 999ci hd SI. Other than the quicker processor and autochart live there is no difference other than pulling more amps on the battery because of the big screen on the 10 vs the 8incher on the 999.

LT

Don't tell him that , he will have to widen the doorways again lol

Really though a great guy and a wealth of knowledge, has been a huge help!

Jocelyn is the man. He even teaches lowrance HDS seminars. He set my fish finder up in 5min at the store. All I had to do was install and go fishing

I have the ray marine dragon fly 7 and have no regrets so far, amazing picture.. Read a lot of reviews of people having nothing but problems with the newer lowrance hds units and have witnessed a few myself

I have the ray marine dragon fly 7 and have no regrets so far, amazing picture.. Read a lot of reviews of people having nothing but problems with the newer lowrance hds units and have witnessed a few myself

I'm leaning towards the Raymarine. I like the simplicity and some interesting features like bluetooth to conect your cell phone or tablet that makes for a second screen for someone on the front of the boat. The chirp technology is nice as well. also the screen can be viewed from different angles without having to rotate it.

TB your location show's Grismby so IMO go talk to Martin or Josh a GT they'll be open and honest about what unit to purchace and if SI is woth it for trolling...... I do know it's not in deep water......

Cheers Bic

Question for all the min kota owners out there. I installing my ipilot v2 with an internal transducer this evening. I want to replace the fish finder i have up front that will be attached to the minkota, since i will have to buy a $45 adapter cable for the fisher finder to work with it . It will mostly be used when perching in the spring. Will the tranducer support chirp, down scan /side scan etc or should i just stick to a basic cheap unit

Archived