Change Of Venue

RyannLarge

I've been hitting the green ribbon A LOT. Having no luck and not knowing how deep certain parts are I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle. I kind of wanted to wait for the water Temps to warm up a bit more before I tried different places around port such as around the bridge to Jaycee but I might just head over there tomorrow after work. I know you guys don't like to talk about fishing spots but knowing a very small handful myself within bicycle range (10km to 15km) I'm at a loss. I'm not looking for a detailed map to your secret spots just general bodies of water within about 10km of the Fairview mall area. Just trying to find a spot to chuck out a line and sit by the shore and be lazy and maybe tie a few rigs or read up on different techniques.

Green Ribbon is a very hit and miss spot but due to the lack of depth there is not much size that will be found once it warms up. Right now there should be crappies in there and the bullheads should start biting, the deepest spots are under the bridge it gets very shallow very fast. Watch if a canoe or kayak is in, as they will stir up the bottom.

That bridge has never given me any luck from Jaycee. Perch should be had in martindale though, they do move around so that does not mean they would not be near the bridge.

I contest it is still too early to have carp in high numbers, but the carp guys will say it is always possible.

Have you tried the Port Dalhousie pier? There are a few trout to be found until we get into June, just be weary of how others are fishing (often drifting). Screwing up the drift for everyone will get you run out of there pretty fast (similar to Queenston). If you do not want to drift either move north or south of the masses drifting.

Search these forums for the Root Beer River (some called it RBR), that should be bikable from the Fairview in about 15 to 20 minutes. It is an underfished area and there are plenty of fish (but often smaller channel cats and carp ... under 5 pounds).

Unfortunately at the current time there is not much fun to be had with bass, pike, muskie, and inland trout closed.

Green Ribbon is a very hit and miss spot but due to the lack of depth there is not much size that will be found once it warms up. Right now there should be crappies in there and the bullheads should start biting, the deepest spots are under the bridge it gets very shallow very fast. Watch if a canoe or kayak is in, as they will stir up the bottom.

That bridge has never given me any luck from Jaycee. Perch should be had in martindale though, they do move around so that does not mean they would not be near the bridge.

I contest it is still too early to have carp in high numbers, but the carp guys will say it is always possible.

Have you tried the Port Dalhousie pier? There are a few trout to be found until we get into June, just be weary of how others are fishing (often drifting). Screwing up the drift for everyone will get you run out of there pretty fast (similar to Queenston). If you do not want to drift either move north or south of the masses drifting.

Search these forums for the Root Beer River (some called it RBR), that should be bikable from the Fairview in about 15 to 20 minutes. It is an underfished area and there are plenty of fish (but often smaller channel cats and carp ... under 5 pounds).

Unfortunately at the current time there is not much fun to be had with bass, pike, muskie, and inland trout closed.

my dad gets pissed when THAT ONE guy comes to port and starts tangling lines. He usually ends up leaving if it starts to happen.I'll check out that river you mentioned. I recently bought some bass gear and I'm itching for the season to open up lol. Thanks for your help.

Archived