Stream Question

mslovak

I have a question for you experienced stream/creek/River fisherman. A friend and I have a day trip planned for Brookies for later in the week to the Grey Bruce Area. My question is what effect will the rain today have on clarity and water level and should we be concerned.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Good questions. Many factors attribute to clarity, how big is the creek or stream, is there a lot of feeder run off creeks that enter this stream, what's the water flow like etc etc.

The closer to the headwaters you get, the less the water levels /clarity will be affected, that said, the water may still be stained or high, but will clear up and return to normal levels (sometimes in as little as a few hours) much quicker than downstream areas.

Every systems different depending on a lot of things. My small Erie Creek fished very well today the rains were exactly what was needed.

Guest brookie slayer

Just talked to a buddy in Hanover . They didn't get hardly any rain today. Leaving tonight

to fish the Grey/Bruce area for 4 or 5 days. Will try to post some conditions if I get near WiFi.

Supposed to rain Wednesday they're sayin

Guest brookie slayer

Tuesday was fine. Partly sunny 14 degrees. Water was a tad high but not that

dirty. Fishing was good...... Wednesday 1am - 5:30 am rains.on and off. Hard at times..water high

and a little dirtier but not bad.still fishable. Warm mostly sunny 16 degrees. Fishing was poor today.

Just got back from day trip, only a couple small fish to show to show for. Weather was great and got a lot exercise! Still a lot to learn.

Planning to go back up for another day trip in a couple weeks to Grey Bruce . Looking for some tips from you experienced Brookie fisher persons . We have been targeting the pools , undercuts and log jams on fairly fast flowing rivers with stone botyoms . Is this the best approach or should we be looking in waters with silty bottoms with less flow?

Archived