Brookie Fishing Today.

cplummer

Not going to brag how many we caught and released today. But we had a great catching day. Up on the Saugeen highlands trib. Kept 2 for dinner this was the biggest.

412484087.jpg

Some nice 18" 21" caught today. Going to try another hot spot tomorrow. My dad wants to keep a few. I like to keep only what i am going to eat that day. 1 or 2 and the rest go back for me.

Nice job! Didn't get out for the opener for the first time in a long time.... pinched a nerve, can't walk for the long periods required for my trouting spots, left them all for you this year! Lol

Nice job! Didn't get out for the opener for the first time in a long time.... pinched a nerve, can't walk for the long periods required for my trouting spots, left them all for you this year! Lol

My dad is 76 and walking far is not an option. Dirt roads are. He taught me to read a stream when i was 12 and it all seems too easy these days

Heading out again shortly. Yesterday a ggod size hatch of sulphers came off. Today is flyrod day. The brookies were rising like mad all day yesterday . Nothing like getting big brookies on dry flies....all on 3/4 wt.. Oh what fun. 2lb tippets.. Challenging i say

Beauty fish cliff. There was a lot

of surface action last wk as well. How are

The bugs?

Lucked out.. No bugs. Night temps plus 3 kept the bugs down.

Archived